Easiest Ways To Get Permanent Residency In USA (2023)

The United States of America is a great country that has been excelling in different ways since its inception. Here is a country that is ahead of several other countries, in terms of science and technology, sports, entertainment, investments, military, and so on.

One of the major contributing factors to American development is how she has opened her doors to different folks from different places in the world – particularly those who can help contribute to its growth and development. Hence, it is easy to get into the country and become a permanent resident.

Now, if you are a foreigner seeking to live permanently in the United States, you will need an immigrant visa. Some people will refer to this as getting a green card. Basically, with your green card, you will be lawfully permitted to reside permanently in the US.

So, you may have been wondering what is the best and easiest way to get into the country and become a permanent resident. The fact is, there are different ways this can become a reality. But we will place them under these categories. Let’s get started.

Easiest Ways To Get Permanent Residency In USA (2023)

1. Getting Married To A Citizen Of the USA

This is really one of the easiest ways to become a permanent resident of the USA. As you will see when we proceed, there are several other ways – which demand real hard work (and maybe lots of resources) from you. But marrying a citizen of the USA is pretty straightforward, and you can get your green card in little or no time.

The procedure is simple too. You should be sponsored by an immediate relative that is at least 21 years old and is either a U.S. citizen or U.S. lawful permanent resident. This is what can easily make you eligible for a green card from the American authorities. Kindly note that marriage should not be done simply because you want to immigrate to the country and get a green card. Rather, you should marry the person because you want to genuinely be together. Remember that the American government frown at fraud and this matter is not an exception.

If you want to get into the United States and become a permanent resident through this medium, then it is helpful to know the two types of family-based immigrant visas available for those in need of it. They are; Immediate Relatives and Family Preferences.

For the latter category, the visas obtained are basically based on a close family relationship with a citizen of the United States of America. This includes a child, spouse, or parent. Now, something interesting to note is this. There are different mediums of immigrating to the USA but which are limited – that is, the government can only bring in a specific amount of people each year using that channel. However, such is not applicable here, since there is no limit to the number of people that can enter the US through this medium each year. However, processing can take around a year or so to be fully completed.

The other, which is Family Preference, entails visas that are for specific, more distant, family relationships with a citizen of the United States of America, allowing for certain specified relationships with a lawful permanent resident of the country. Unlike the first category, immigrants permitted here are limited each year.

2. Investing Your Money In The American Economy

Another easy way to get into the United States of America and get a permanent resident is to have sufficient money that can be used to push your way into the system via investment. A program you can take advantage of is the EB-5 direct investor program. With an investment of around $ 500,000, you can get your American green card with ease, as your business creates at least ten new jobs.

Actually, it’s easy to be allowed into the circle if you would be bringing something valuable and significant to the table – that will be of great help to the American economy and general society. If you have the money, you can put it to work in America and stand a chance of earning a good ROI on your venture – as well as being given the green card that will make you a permanent resident of the country.

3. Official Transfers

If you work as, let’s say a manager in a big global company with branches in different places in the world including the United States of America, and you were transferred to an office in maybe California to manage its presence there, you can actually easily utilize this medium to get an American green card and become a permanent resident of the country.

Note that your employer must be an American citizen who is expected to have been doing business in the U.S.A for at least a year, and they have to employ you in a managerial or executive capacity. Not just this alone, but they must be operating as a legal entity with a qualifying relationship to the organization that employed you in the country you are coming from in a managerial or executive capacity.

4. Studying In The United States of America

One of the easiest ways to get PR in the USA is to be admitted to a University in the country and receive a student visa that enables you to comfortably get a bachelor’s or master’s degree.

Foreign students can get a one-year post-graduate work permit which is known as Optional Practical Training. If you can find a superb place to bring you in, it will be helpful even in the long run, as, after the one-year duration is spent, your employer can apply for an H1B work visa for you.

Afterward, they can also apply for labor certification from the Department of Labor to show evidence that there are no American workers who are ready, willing, and able to take the job offered them. This is necessary because the United States of America places great priority on its own citizens first.

Once it is established, then you guys can apply for a green card through the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.

5. Special Work And Occupation

You can enter America with an H1B work visa and then get a green card via labor certification – although it takes a lot of time. You can also apply and get an EB-2 extraordinary worker green card based on a national interest waiver.

If you intend to get a permanent resident in America via the H-1B route, and you carry out services in specific important occupation, services of exceptional merit and capability that has to do with a Department of Defense cooperative research and development project, you can get a green card as far as your boss will apply for labor certification and also sponsor you for a green card.

For its EB-2 counterpart, an individual can self-petition for a green card and they don’t even have to be reliant on a job offer. Here, however, it is important to stress the need to meet the national interest waiver criteria. That is to say, your proposed affairs must be great and have national importance, as they should be of great importance to the United States of America. As you prove that you can advance the proposed endeavor, the authorities can waive the usual requirements of a job offer.

6. As An Outstanding Well-known Achiever

As mentioned already, the United States celebrates greatness, and they love making great people Americans – since it is of great benefit to the country. So, another way to become a permanent resident of the USA is to be a great achiever – particularly winning internationally recognized awards like an Oscar.

You can also go through this route if you are able to rise to the very top of your profession or calling. So, if you don’t have a family that is a citizen of the United States of America, and you don’t have the money to push your way in via the investment route, you may have to work harder to get to the top of your game.

7. Through The Annual Diversity Green Card Lottery

Another easy way to immigrate into the United States is to get a green card via their yearly Diversity Green Card Lottery. Thousands of people are brought into the States annually through this medium. It is coordinated by the Department of States, and they have specific regions and countries they focus on yearly.



These are common ways to enter America and even become a permanent resident of the country with ease. If you do not fit into any one of these mediums, you may have to look to other ways – like if your spouse has the required credentials so they could pave the way, or if you are to look at other well-to-do countries. The United States is a great country no doubt, and you can find yourself utilizing any of these mediums.